Join us on sample date
BE A SUPERHERO FOR THOSE WITH AUTISM!
100% of the funds raised at the Race for Autism stays in San Diego to support local autism programs, services, treatments, outreach efforts and educational initiatives to hundreds of classrooms. THANKS to support of people like you, NFAR has awarded 1.4 MILLION dollars to community programs and classrooms throughout San Diego.
Balboa Park - Registration, Start and Finish, Resource Fair and Children's Activities are all located on the west side of Balboa Park at 6th Ave and Laurel, San Diego, CA 92101. Map
5K COURSE MAP
5K timed run, walk on a fast, and scenic course through the heart of beautiful Balboa Park!
PRE-RACE BIB and T-SHIRT PICK-UP
Special in-store Discounts for Race for Autism participants!
Saturday, March 18, 2017
12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
5553 Copley Dr, San Diego, CA 92111
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Registration Opens/ Bib/Shirt Pick Up - 6:45 AM
- Resource Fair Opens - 7:30 AM
- 5K Run and Walk Kicks Off - 7:45 AM
- 1-Mile Family Walk Kicks Off - 8:30 AM
RACE DAY QUESTIONS:
- On Race Day, each individual must pick up their bib.- We will have a gear check this year.
- Registered participants will receive a bib and T-shirt. At the Finish Line, registered participants receive a commemorative medal.
- The top three male and female runners are awarded medals by age category. These medals are picked up at the Timing Tent.
- Strollers are welcome on the course at the back, behind the runners and walkers.
- Service Dogs are welcome. Other dogs must be trained, leashed and able to take sudden noise, petting and possible pulling of a tail.
If in doubt, please leave your dog at home.
The Race includes a fantastic Resource Fair! Over 50 autism resources as well as Sponsor booths represented.
Resource Fair - 7:30 to 11:00 AM.
The Race is produced by the National Foundation for Autism Research (www.NFAR.org), a local nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and their families affected by autism in San Diego. The 5K Run/Walk is the annual fundraiser that supports local autism programs and services in our community.
Be sure to invite all those SUPERHEROS you know -friends, family members, teachers and professionals to run or walk. Timed 5K Run, 5K Walk, 1-Mile Family Fun Walk, refreshments, Resource Fair, Children's Activities, Awards Ceremony, Music and much more. Come in your favorite superhero or character outfit (no scary costumes please.)
RACE FROM HOME: Ended March 23rd
Not available on Race Day? You can still be a Hero by selecting the "Race from Home" option when registering.
We will mail you a bib, Race T-shirt and finisher medal the Monday following the Race!
Award medals will be presented to the top three male and female finishers in age divisions: 12 & under,13-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34,
35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80+.
Registration includes a bib, commemorative t-shirt and medal.
For kids (12 years and under), they receive a super cape instead of a T-shirt.
|Before Dec 31||Jan 1- 31||Feb 1-28||March 1- 24||25-Mar|
|ADULTS ( 18+ yrs old)||$29.00||$32.00||$35.00||$38.00||$40.00|
|YOUTH (13-17 yrs old)||$25.00||$28.00||$30.00||$33.00||$35.00|
|CHILDREN (12 yrs old and under)||$18.00||$20.00||$25.00||$28.00||$30.00|
|Race from Home **
(includes Mailing of Bib and T-shirt)
|Chip Timing Add-on||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$5.00|