2021 Race for Autism SUPERHERO Challenge
Be a HERO and help change the future for those with autism!
What is a Virtual Challenge? A virtual challenge is a run/walk event that we do together, yet independently. It can even be done on a treadmill or elliptical machine!
TEAM UP to complete in the challenge! Creating a team of superheroes to go the distance with you can be uplifting and build a sense of togetherness. Teams can choose to each run/walk the distance themselves or run/walk for a combined distance total. So grab your family members and friends (and don't forget those out of town) and let's be HEROES for autism!
Superhero Challenge Details
1. GET READY!
REGISTER for the Race for Autism SUPERHERO Challenge event.
Do the Challenge individually, or create a team of superheroes for a combined distance! Team Information HERE
On April 1st, the Challenge will open and you will be able to select a distance that works for you. We recommend a 5K, 10K or the SUPERHERO 54K. Create a distance goal that challenges and inspires you!
54K Challenge: Every 1-in-54 children in the US has autism. To raise autism awareness we have created a 54K distance that is actually easier to accomplish than you think!
SUPERHERO LEVEL (Individual): Approximately 5K for each of the 10 days
(You can decide the distances/ days you want to run.)
TEAM CHALLENGE (combined): Run or walk less than a mile per day for 10 days (family of 4)
(Note: It can even be done on a treadmill or elliptical.)
For those that complete the 54K Challenge, we have a special gift that's just for you, and gives you bragging rights!
Receive Great Swag!
Simply register for the Race for Autism to receive a super-cool Race t-shirt, Race bib and Superhero medal!
These items will be mailed automatically to you.
Mailing Fees ARE ALREADY INCLUDED in the registration fee. NOTE: You must have a US address. No international mailing.
|Before Dec 31||Jan 1- 31||Feb 1-28||March 1- 31||April|
|ADULTS ( 18+ yrs old)||$30.00||$35.00||$40.00||$45.00||$45.00|
|YOUTH (13-17 yrs old)||$25.00||$30.00||$35.00||$35.00||$40.00|
|CHILDREN (12 yrs old and under)||$25.00||$25.00||$30.00||$30.00||$35.00|
|Mailing Fees are included|
2. GET ACTIVE!
Race Disclaimer: The race can be altered, postponed or cancelled with no refunds due to weather, natural disturbances, police activity, acts or threats of terrorism and national emergencies. No refunds will be given. Transfers of entry to another individual is allowed until March 15, 2021.
1. Easy Method: Input the Distance Yourself: Record your distance using your Fitbit, smartphone, etc. and enter it into your Race webpage yourself.
2. Using the Strava App: This year, you will sign up for the Race for Autism Superhero Challenge on Strava from your Race for Autism webpage. Using the Strava App allows you to track your time and distance from your smart phone. When using the Strava App, it will automatically log your distance to your Race for Autism webpage.
NOTE: The Challenge will start April 1st. Once the challenge starts, you will easily be able to set your distance goal, add your distances daily, and watch your the distance kilometer rise with every step added. See Challenge steps HERE
Every distance added will automatically be added to the HERO KILOMETER THERMOMETER on the Race homepage.
2021 Event Location and Course - VIRTUAL
Chart your own course or you can run/walk the traditional Race for Autism 5K course (sidewalks only) in beautiful Balboa Park.
3. GET CONNECTED!
On April 10th, please join us for the celebration! We’ll be hosting a livestream event for all our Race participants with special videos, amazing speakers, awards to top teams and fundraisers, raffle prizes, and more!
Don't forget to share photos, videos, and stories of your Race for Autism SUPERHERO Challenge adventures! Post messages and photos on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook using #RACE4AUTISM and @NFARorg
TEAM INFORMATION HERE!
QUESTIONS? See below and FAQ
Common Registration Questions
To register: Click HERE and you will be able to set-up or join a Team during the registration process.
After you complete each of the steps, you will be able to personalize your Personal and Team pages.You can then invite others to join your team from your team page.
To register by mail: Mail in Registration Form (PDF)
To register children (& others) without Emails:
1) When Creating or Joining a Family Team:
1) Complete Step 1 by filling out your registration information
2) Step 2: Select "Join a Team" or "Create a Team", and pick the team name.
3) Step 3, fill in your race specific information, and select the “Add Family Member” button
For participants without emails, please set Fundraising Tools to “OFF”
4) Finish the registration process for yourself, and you will be logged in to your personal fundraising page.
2) Without Creating or Joining a Team:
1) Register yourself first by picking the Solo option,
2) From your Personal page, select "Add Family Member" from the right hand menu.
3) Complete the information requested for each person and
4) Complete the check out process.